Friday, May 18, 2018

Blogaround

Spiderman in space in "Avengers: Infinity War." Image source.
1. The Last Slave Ship Survivor Gave an Interview in the 1930s. It Just Surfaced (posted May 3) "Lewis expected to receive compensation for being kidnapped and forced into slavery, and was angry to discover that emancipation didn’t come with the promise of “forty acres and a mule,” or any other kind of reparations."

2. Graphing Physical and Emotional Closeness (posted 2013) WOWWW this is so useful! It's an article, from an asexual perspective, about making a graph to show emotional closeness vs physical closeness in a relationship (ie how emotionally close do you feel as a result of cuddling, kissing, sexual things, etc). Society tends to assume that these things would correlate with each other in just one specific way, but that's not true- the graph can be different from everyone.

And also I would like to add: My graph could also be different for different relationships. Maybe when I hug a certain person, it makes me feel a certain level of emotional closeness, but when I hug a different person, it's different. Really, I have so little experience with romantic relationships (I've only had 3, and my level of buying-into-purity-ideology was WAYYY different for each one) that I can't really say "this is what the graph looks like for me in general", but rather, I can plot specific points from my relationship with Hendrix.

3. Vaginal Intercourse (posted March 13) [content note: NSFW!!! A lot of drawings of genitals here] A sex-ed comic about how to have penis-in-vagina sex. Seems pretty simple and basic, but GEEZ I wish I knew all these things the first time I tried having sex.

4. Taking Freedom: Yes, Black America Fears the Police. Here's Why. (posted April 10) [content note: police brutality] "By calling the police, you are inviting this big system—that, frankly, doesn't like you—into your life."

5. Solomon Had Only One Wife (and Other Things Creationists Say) (posted May 15)

6. And the 2018 Reader Survey is still open (until June 9). Go over and take it if you haven't yet~ Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis